Vibact -DS Capsule (Lactobacillus)
$37.00 – $102.00
$37.00 – $102.00
|Variation||Price||Price/Unit||Add To Cart|
|30 Capsule/s||$37.00 (1.23/unit)||1.23|
|60 Capsule/s||$70.00 (1.17/unit)||1.17|
|90 Capsule/s||$102.00 (1.13/unit)||1.13|
|Country of Origin||
prevention of diarrhea
10 capsules in 1 strip
Streptococcus faecalis, Clostridium butyricum, Bacillus mesentericus, and Lactobacillus capsule
It contains Streptococcus faecalis, Clostridium butyricum, Bacillus mesentericus, and Lactobacillus sporogenes as major active ingredients. These act as probiotics which help in restoring the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset after antibiotic use or due to intestinal infections. It works by inhibiting or decreasing the growth of harmful microorganisms in the gut.
The excessive use of certain antibiotics will also cause several side effects, with one of the most common being diarrhea. Vibact DS capsules are quite useful in treating diarrhea caused by antibiotics. It is worth mentioning that Vibact DS capsules contain probiotics, so it offers several benefits related to your digestive system.
- Streptococcus faecalis: 60 million
- Clostridium butyricum: 4 million
- Bacillus mesentericus: 2 million
- Lactic acid bacillus (Lactobacillus sporogenes): 100 million spores
- Treats and prevents diarrhea associated with antibiotic use
- Helps in restoring the normal microbial flora of the intestine
- Aids in the treatment as well as prevention of diarrhea caused by various infections
- Helps in the management of diverticular disease of the colon and also known to improve intestinal function post-surgery
- Acts as supportive therapy in the treatment of stomach problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disorders (IBD)
- Helps in the treatment as well as prevention of various infections, such as gastroenteritis (also known as infectious diarrhea), Travellers’ diarrhea
- Improves intestinal disorders, such as aphthous ulcers and stomatitis
- Assists in the management of chronic and acute diarrhea
- Treats indigestion caused by the damage of the intestinal epithelium and the change of the composition of the normal microflora of the intestine
- Helps in the treatment of enteric infection like salmonellosis in infants
- Aids in the treatment of chronic and acute diarrhea and meteorism (abdominal distension), gastroenteritis, colitis, chronic, atrophic gastroenteritis.
You can take one to two capsules thrice daily or as directed by your physician. You should not consume it more than the recommended daily dose as it may lead to side effects. You can take this medicine with or without food.
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any other drugs, vitamin supplements, or herbal supplements to prevent any possible drug interactions.
- Avoid taking this capsule along with steroids (medications that weaken the immune system) as it might increase the chances of getting sick.
- Take this medicine at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. Taking Lactobacillus sporogenes along with antibiotics can reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this tablet, inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- Ideally, it is advised to take a single dose of this medicine but if your doctor prescribes otherwise then do follow his/her advice.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- It is best to take this supplement after meals as it helps to avoid any reaction caused due to stomach acid.
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can cause stomach problems. Some of the common side effects include:
- Stomach ache
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool‚ dry and dark place.
- Protect from the direct sunlight.
- Streptococcus faecalis helps in maintaining the normal balance of the good bacteria in the intestine. It is also known to improve immunity by ensuring the proper functioning of gut health. Along with that, it helps lower your risk of digestive disorders and can prevent the occurrence of diarrhea, inflammatory diseases, and lactose intolerance.
- Clostridium butyricum helps in maintaining the pH balance of the intestine which further aids in the growth and multiplication of the gut bacteria. This bacteria produces fatty acid chains of butyric and acetic acid upon multiplication to restore the pH.
- Bacillus mesentericus is known to inhibit the growth of bad bacteria and promote the growth of good bacteria, thereby maintaining normal microbial flora in the gut post-infection or the use of antibiotics. It is also known to lower the secretion of harmful toxins that can lead to diarrhea.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes produce lactic acid which makes the environment of the intestine unfavorable for the growth of harmful bacteria. Lactobacillus are normal colonizers of the intestine. They work by inhibiting or decreasing the growth of harmful microorganisms in the gut by producing lactic acid.