Capegard 500 mg
$50.00 – $179.00
$50.00 – $179.00
|Variation||Price||Price/Unit||Add To Cart|
|20 Tablet/s||$50.00 (2.5/unit)||2.5|
|40 Tablet/s||$95.00 (2.38/unit)||2.38|
|80 Tablet/s||$179.00 (2.24/unit)||2.24|
Capegard 500 mg Tablet (Capecitabine)
Buy Capegard 500 mg (Capecitabine), Capecitabine is used alone or in combination with other drugs in the treatment of following cancers: stomach (gastric), colon, colorectal cancers, and advanced breast cancer. It is also used in prevention of recurrence after complete removal of tumor by surgery in colon cancer.
Capegard 500 mg tablet is used alone or in combination with other drugs in the treatment of following cancers: stomach (gastric), colon, colorectal cancers, and advanced breast cancer. It is also used in prevention of recurrence after complete removal of tumor by surgery in colon cancer.
Capegard 500 mg tablet belongs to a class of medication called cytostatic agents which is an antineoplastic/ anticancer prodrug (gets converted into an active substance once into the body). Capegard 500 mg tablet, after being absorbed by the body changes into an active anticancer agent which is more active in the tumor tissue cells than in the normal cells, and thus, stops the growth of cancer cells and slows down the spread of cancer in the body.
Nausea, Nose bleed, Cold sores, Herpes infection, Constipation, Dehydration, Depression, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Eye irritation, Dry eye, Swelling of joint, Fever, Flatulence, Gastrointestinal bleeding, Hair loss, Headache, Increased bilirubin in the blood, Indigestion, Insomnia, Decreased red blood cell count, Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite, Bronchitis, Lung infection, Nail disorder, Skin inflammation, Skin loss, Stomach pain, Tingling sensation, Fatigue, Weight loss
Food : It is better to take this medicine with food.
Alcohol : Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Pregnancy : It is unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus. The potential benefits may warrant the use in pregnant women despite potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
Lactation : It is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
• Capecitabine should be taken with water within half an hour of taking a meal.
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high or low levels of calcium, cardiac toxicity problems or hand and foot syndrome.
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of diabetes, nervous system disorders or are taking medication for blood thinning.
• Inform your doctor if you are taking any medications for gout (allopurinol), fits (phenytoin), or cancer (folinic acid, oxaliplatin, bevacizumab).
• Capecitabine may cause dizziness or nausea and so it is recommended not to drive or use heavy machinery immediately after taking it.
• Treatment with capecitabine need to be permanently discontinued in patients who experience a severe skin reaction.
• Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor.
• Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Q. Is capecitabine a generic/ effective/ FDA approved?
Yes, capecitabine is a generic. It is approved by the FDA. It is effective when taken for a condition at a dose for the duration prescribed by the doctor.
Q. Is capecitabine an anthracycline?
No, capecitabine is not an anthracycline.
Q. Is capecitabine cytotoxic?
No. Capecitabine is a cytostatic (stops the growth of cells) agent.
Q. How is it administered?
It is administered as a tablet.
Q. Where is capecitabine absorbed?
Capecitabine is quickly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
Q. How is it metabolized?
It is metabolized in the liver and tumor tissue.
Q. How quickly does capecitabine work?
Capecitabine works based on intensity and severity of cancer. Please ask the doctor how quickly it will work.
Q. How long does it stay in the system?
Capecitabine and its metabolites stay in the system about two hours on an average.
Q. Does capecitabine cause hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea or affect skin?
Capecitabine is known to have side effects like hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea and affects skin. Please inform the doctor about any side effects that you observe while on therapy.
|Country of Origin||
Ovarian cancer, Head and neck cancer, Cervical cancer
10 tablets in 1 strip
20 Tablet/s, 40 Tablet/s, 80 Tablet/s