Calcirol Sachet (Cholecalciferol)
|Variation||Price||Price/Unit||Add To Cart|
|Country of Origin||
used to treat Vitamin D deficiency
1 gm in 1 packet
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Cholecalciferol Granules (Vitamin D3): 60,000 IU sachet
Our body makes Vitamin D when our skin gets exposed to the sunlight. Sunscreen, protective clothing, limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin, and age may reduce the absorption of sunlight. As a result, the rate of production of Vitamin D in the body gets affected and may result in Vitamin D3 deficiency. Thus, Vitamin D3 in this capsule may provide extra help in maintaining Vitamin D3 for better calcium absorption in the body. Along with that, this vitamin has a significant role in helping with the absorption of calcium and phosphates from the bowel.
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) recommends a daily supplement of 400 IU/day of Vitamin D3 for Indians, with an emphasis on outdoor activities to achieve adequate amounts of Vitamin D. Lack of Vitamin D can make you prone to numerous health complications such as osteoporosis, infections, allergies, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular diseases, tuberculosis, depression, and even cancer.
It is advised to maintain the level of Vitamin D3 in the body. Do not take more than the recommended dose as it may lead to various side effects which can include excessive loss of calcium from the bones. If you have any doubt or wish to know the dose, consult your doctor before taking it.
Cholecalciferol Granules (Vitamin D3): 60,000 IU
- Contains cholecalciferol, also known as “Vitamin D3”, which is known to help in the proper growth and development of the body
- Plays a vital role in enhancing the calcium absorption from the intestines
- Helps in the treatment of Vitamin D3 deficiency and improve the symptoms
- Improves Vitamin D3 levels in the body caused due to inadequate absorption of Vitamin D3 by the digestive tract (possible reasons: conditions like Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, and cystic fibrosis)
- Assists in keeping the bones and teeth strong
- Improves bone density, aiding in the treatment of symptoms such as bone pain and back pain.
- Helps to maintain bone function and mitigate pain in the legs, ribs, and joints
- Improves the level of Vitamin D3 in people with fat malabsorption whose intestine fails to absorb fat from the diet
Tear open the sachet and pour the powder into a glass. You can take it as advised by your doctor, but it is ideally recommended to be taken with milk. This is because milk also contains magnesium which promotes the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- These supplements should not be taken on an empty stomach or in between the meals like most medicines. To ensure optimum absorption, take these supplements strictly as advised by your doctor.
- Vitamin D3 supplements may interact with several medications. So, talk to your doctor about the medications you are taking.
- For effective results, it is wise to consult your doctor who will weigh the pros and cons of the medicine and then recommend the right dosage and type of supplement.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- The deficiency of Vitamin D3 can be fixed by loading up your intake of Vitamin D either through diet or through sunlight and supplements.
Although it is not very common, levels of Vitamin D can exceed normal limits in the body. It usually happens due to an overdose of Vitamin D supplements. Increased levels of Vitamin D in the blood can cause increased absorption of calcium from the digestive system. This may result in increased levels of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia). In severe cases, it can lead to kidney failure and artery calcification (hardening of the arteries due to calcium deposition).
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Use under medical supervision.